Author: SEARU

What's wrong with my English? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-7 13:51:08 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-12-7 13:32
I did forget to mention that this only applies to bipolar transistors.  These are one of the funda ...

Thanks for your wonderful lectures those are so professional! But if you wanted to teach the book-knowledge to the junior-middle-school students, you would feel that it would be hard for the poor kids to understand the deep theory without your plain oral words based on your own comprehension! --------Those written sentences from book would not be workable in class to children!

It had taken me one month to form a practical  ‘textbook’ and teaching method. The students accepted my explanation with ease and one of them praised at the school meeting!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-12-7 17:57:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2017-12-7 18:02
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-7 10:23
Thanks for your constructive  remark that is so warm and full of encouragement to me!
I always bel ...

You are most welcome SEARU. It amazes me how some hollow vessels here (Those who make a lot of noise, but have little substance) appear to be unable to speak Chinese nor read or write it, despite their alleged superiority.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-7 18:40:41 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-12-7 17:57
You are most welcome SEARU. It amazes me how some hollow vessels here (Those who make a lot of nois ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-7 20:33:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-7 09:23
Here is a little observation:

You don't seem to THINK in ENGLISH when you are writing. This is  ...

You this note is a bit bitter for me. The reason is not for my personal situation but for some ugly phenomenons or failures existing in the Chinese education field. Why did many of my english-teacher colleagues refused my invitation to join in the forum?
One of them told me she had lost interest in the language once she  got the diploma. Now she does teaching just for a living!

To me,reading and writing in english is my hobby and it is the dictionary-teacher who has taught me so much on free thinking in the music-like language. I think my this ability is more powerful than mine on native Chinese!

So, trying to develop kids‘ learning interest is more important than how much they have learned! ’

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-7 20:56:22 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-7 20:33
You this note is a bit bitter for me. The reason is not for my personal situation but for some ugl ...

I can imagine that you feel bitter. The schools teach you to pass exams but here in the forum the use of English is about understanding each other, not about passing tests or translating words from one language into another.

This is why I have for a long time thought that English is taught in a counterproductive way in China. It suits bureaucrats and officials but not people.

Therefore I suggest one more time that you read more FICTION without a dictionary. Learn to develop a feel for the language. Learn to be carried forward in a discussion by the words themselves rather than seek the words from your memory.

Fiction helps develop your imagination. Read something amusing or entertaining!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-9 20:55:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-7 20:56
I can imagine that you feel bitter. The schools teach you to pass exams but here in the forum th ...

I had read the paper-version of Chinadaily for six years before the Internet became popular. Then I started computer-life in English till now.  This experience is a wonderful fiction for me. Furthermore the description in any fiction is more abstract than what is going on the screen. You may begin or quit at anytime if with a dictionary. While reading fiction is boring for me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.