Views: 796|Replies: 4

Bowing and feet washing as homework? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
(China Plus) A middle school in North China has made bowing to teachers a requirement. Announced this semester, students at Shangshu Middle School in Handan, Hebei Province must bow to their teachers before every class, after their morning run and at other specified times. Teachers are supposed to bow in return.

The new regulations are part of a new "etiquette program" aiming to reinforce traditional Chinese values. What's more, the school is assigning bows and foot washing as homework. On weekends, students are required to bow to their parents and wash the feet of their elders.

According to the regulations, a proper bow stops at 90 degrees and should last more than 10 seconds. The school is requiring parents to keep tabs on their children's etiquette by taking photos and posting them to a school chat group.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
We used to do this kind of homework during junior high school.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2 DayEarlier 17:10 |Display all floors
nice!good man

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2 DayEarlier 19:55 |Display all floors
The bowing would have taken less time and been more convenient than pledging Allegiance to the
flag of the United States of America, which we had to do every morning in elementary school in
the US. Plus, I didn't have to parrot something I really didn't entirely agree with.
the foot washing is a different story. I don't think I would have liked that at all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.