Author: ceciliazhang

China ranks 36th at EF's Global Ranking of English Skills [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-14 11:38:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Liononthehunt at 2017-11-14 14:39
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-13 23:55
Sorry son. The expression may have its 'roots' in the Western Roman Empire, and Western Christiani ...

You still keep shooting off your mouth, pal.

The term is still being used by your fellow westerners, including heads of state on multiple occasions, and mind you, that terms can also been interpreted in a variety of contexts, including cultural and economical, and it is only you who insists on drawing a line between NATO and Warsaw Pact, China and the rest of the world, as your mentally is still stuck in the Cold War era.

Wake up, dude, it is the 21st century now.  
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-14 12:52:41 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-13 18:00
It is absolutely untrue, you are either ignorant or trying to mislead. (There is a irregularity in ...

Am not here to score points with you, bye

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-14 13:02:47 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-13 18:00
It is absolutely untrue, you are either ignorant or trying to mislead. (There is a irregularity in ...

It is never my habit to correct posters' English; I just ignore their mistakes, looking only at their arguments, not their English; it's only because someone else brought up your errors that I replied.  And, say what you like, if it gives you any pleasure, say I am not a native English speaker, that's fine with me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-14 15:09:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-11-15 13:23
cnn70 Post time: 2017-11-13 15:12
Mr. Rui More updates on Mr. Rui

Three years had passed since we last saw Mr. Rui cheng-kang, ...

The fall from grace must be especially hard for that arrogant upstart Rui Chenggang, anchor of CCTV2, whom the media once hailed as the next most important young person to watch in China, likely to be most influential.  He was instrumental in getting Starbucks out of the Forbidden City, even had a book about his achievements published.
After his disappearnce from the TV screen, nothing was heard about him.
Thanks for the update, assuming it is acurrate.  Many must be wondering what happened to him, what were his crimes and punishment!  In the West, the fate of such a prominent public face who suddenly disappeared could never be covered up, but this is China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-14 15:29:50 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-14 13:02
It is never my habit to correct posters' English; I just ignore their mistakes, looking only at th ...

Pretending to take the high road? But why fired the parting shot?
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-14 11:38
You still keep shooting off your mouth, pal.

The term is still being used by your fellow westerner ...

Trust me, little boy ... I am not the only one ...
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-14 10:47
It is that many of your western folks are much much worse, who can't even speak decent English, bu ...

Not my fault you idiots are hell-bent on having a white face in the classroom. Heck, most of you can't even speak English well enough to be able to discern what is bad English and what is good English. We foreign teachers have been suggesting for years that you don't hire teachers who are not native speakers, yet you insist. "This is China. We do things differently here". You made your bed. Now you lie in it.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.