Author: ceciliazhang

China ranks 36th at EF's Global Ranking of English Skills [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-11-13 15:59:02 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-11-13 14:49
The rule you cited concerning the letter Y as the last letter of a verb is a general instruction,  ...

There are always "exclusions" or "exceptions".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-13 16:17:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-13 16:03
"Stomatological"? Ancient?

As far as I am concerned, this is not an outdated word at all. It is  ...

I was just quoting the previous poster who said that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-13 18:00:35 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-13 15:52
Wrong there, you missed my point!  I know these rules, I don't 'trash' them,  just noting that Chi ...

It is absolutely untrue, you are either ignorant or trying to mislead. (There is a irregularity in my sentence construction, if you are a native English speaker, you should be able to spot and name it. )
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-13 18:06:20 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-13 15:56
Pin it on you?

This is all you could come up with? Come on, pal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-13 18:58:12 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-13 15:01
How about your use of the contracted form of the verb phrase "does not"?

Does not -> doesn't (s ...

So much for your linguistic expertise,
By the way, you might be wrong in stating "so on and on" is a poor grammatical form.

"Before that ... it was Bill Clinton again on Martha's Vineyard, and before that it was the elder Bush at his Kennebunkport, Maine, compound, and so on and on. " This is an excerpt from a CNN report titled Give Obama A Break. You won't claim that your English is better than the professional journalist, will you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-13 19:24:05 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-13 14:50
I have always hated that expression ... "Western Countries". Western country is an expression whic ...

The west is a term that emerged centuries ago, rather than in the Cold War era, which is otherwise known as Occident that is derived from the Latin word Occidens, as contrasted with Orient.

You see you have no shortage of misconceptions in you head, and you usually freak out over them.
Whom are you gonna blame for that? Probably quack teachers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-13 19:39:51 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-11-13 14:31
When your country's regulations state that a foreign teacher only have a Bachelor's Degree (in any ...
  1. When your country's regulations state that a foreign teacher only have a Bachelor's Degree (in any field) and a TESOL certificate, what do you expect? You want better teachers? Raise your standards for qualification, and get over this "white face in the classroom" kick that you have going.
Copy code
Sounds you agree that China should raise the bar and send the foreign quacks packing.
  1. I can even throw your "quack teachers" argument right back in your face. Are you aware that most of your Chinese teachers at Confucius Institutes aren't even qualified teachers? If you want qualified English teachers, perhaps you should lead by example and have qualified Chinese teachers.
Copy code
This is a lie.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.