Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-13 21:54
No, but we can talk about rule of law.

Rule if Law:

Talk to the US AG Jeff Sessions.
He will explain to you everything ‘bout rule of law. Providing
he can RECALL anything that is...

ROFLOL LMAO...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-13 21:54
No, but we can talk about rule of law.

More rules of law:
Roy Moores :)...  Harvey Weinstein, Bill O’Reilly. And now GWB Senior?

Or, might it be all of America’s Victoria Secrets inspired pretty little 14 and 16 year old blonde haired pop culturesall of which matured just a little too soon and now...

being hotly inspired by the 36 million buck Bill O’Reilly pay offs???

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

edisonone Post time: 2017-11-15 14:15
More rules of law:
Roy Moores :)...  Harvey Weinstein, Bill O’Reilly. And now GWB Senior?

Can we talk about the only rule of law that matters on the topic, that of China?

Is there for example now a law that requires qualified women to be accepted into these air force roles, or is this a publicity stunt with little bearing to real women's situation in China - and if there is such law, how is that law enforced?

I'm pretty sure that none of the persons you have been mentioning have any power over China's legal system, nor are any of them Chinese women or parents of Chinese women. If you don't want China to become another America, then stop looking there for references.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-15 05:43
Can we talk about the only rule of law that matters on the topic, that of China?

Is there for exa ...

If you like to point a finger at China, then, you MUST be OPEN and you MUST be PREPARED to be CROSS EXAMINED and be SCRUTINIZED with whatever means available so don’t tell us you likes to talk only about China because that’s not how things works meaning if you like to pick on us, then you, your world, or that which you support, are equally game.

Use magic tools Report

edisonone Post time: 2017-11-16 14:40
If you like to point a finger at China, then, you MUST be OPEN and you MUST be PREPARED to be CRO ...

You are of course free to criticize my home country (which is not USA by the way) or any other country that you want - or at least I won't stop you.

I did not ask you to stop pointing fingers, only asked to focus on what matters in this thread.

But if you insists to go that way, it is detrimental to the efforts that OP referred to, and to which you nodded in your original comment. In this case, I believe it was about career options available to women, especially in context of military career.

If you respond to my opinion about women's rights in China still having many flaws by irrelevant references to situation in other countries, it does in no way advance the women's rights in China.

On the contrary, random viewers who may read these posts, may conclude that China does not need to improve further because other countries fail too.

If you were really interested in women's rights in China, then you would acknowledge that there is still lot to do, instead of trying to block or hide such arguments by useless and off-topic responses.

And I think that you should be interested, considering that you mentioned having two daughters yourself. Not sure if I understood correctly, but I interpreted that your daughters are not China born or raised - are they even citizens of China?

If that is the case, then you (as a Chinese national I guess) are more of an outsider to this discussion than for example I (as foreigner) am - I do have child born and raised in China, who also happens to be Chinese national, and for now that is the only nationality HE has. And I don't want HIM to grow to accept discounting women in whatever career he chooses.

Use magic tools Report

edisonone Post time: 2017-11-16 14:40
If you like to point a finger at China, then, you MUST be OPEN and you MUST be PREPARED to be CRO ...

Also in wider context, our short discussion here proves how many Chinese (extrapolating from you) tend to value image more than actual content. Nobody seems to care how bad things really are, or not even allow anyone to know, as long as it looks good on the surface.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-11-16 05:17
You are of course free to criticize my home country (which is not USA by the way) or any other cou ...

You are of course free to criticize my home country (which is not USA by the way)”Look. You are getting it ALL WRONG here. IT IS NOT I WHO IS DOING ALL of THE CRITICIZING HERE. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT’S DOING THE  

“I did not ask you to stop pointing fingers, only asked to focus on what matters in this thread.“Oh, I’m so sorry, Jaaja. My mistake. My mistake...I mistakenly took you for making a demand that “we (you and I) revert back to the topic at hand, which is China, to avoid the SKELETONS hidden’t in other people’s closets  - your country’s inclusive - if you belong to any that is.. My mistake, jaaja. My mistake. I didn’t know you didn’t wanted me to bring out the skeletons that all countries have in their closets... Some people, they’re such simpletons. It’s no wonder Jim Jones of Jonestown have had it so easy...

you mentioned having two daughters yoursel”

Yes I did. And, I’m damn proud of them, and of all modern (repeat: modern) women in China. How I wish my kids was as lucky as the one(s) here. One day... One day.. if I’m fortunate enough, because all birds that flocks south for the winter will ultimately flock p north again.

FYI: I am very thankful my kids “are NO [size=14.399999618530273px]Anastasia Lins’s”. You see. Unlike the simple minds of the [size=14.399999618530273px]Anastasia Lin’s of the Chinese world, [size=14.399999618530273px]my kids “PRIDES THEMSELVES IN THEIR CHINESE HERITAGE” therefore where they are born matters not. What really matters is that they understand that they are first and foremost Chinese meaning no [size=14.399999618530273px]Anastasia Lin’s and no silly little yellow umbrellas in them.

So, might you be “an” [size=14.399999618530273px]Anastasia Lin, jaaja?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.