Views: 4195|Replies: 6

US teacher praised in China for organ donation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors

41-year-old Amery Scott from US was an English teacher in Changshu City. He suffered a stroke on the night of Oct. 1 and was pronounced brain dead Tuesday.

His kidney and corneas have been given to Chinese patients, said Guo Qiang, a doctor with the First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, in the city of Suzhou.

On Oct. 1, China’s National Day, Scott wrote at his WeChat moments, “My greatest hope today is that the country I come from and the country that is my current home together continue to grow in peace and prosperity. Happy National Day!”

According to his family, Scott agreed to donate his organs while applying for a driving license in the United States.

Use magic tools Report

Scott's mother checking his son's belongings

Use magic tools Report

According to his family, Scott agreed to donate his organs while applying for a driving license in the United States.

Use magic tools Report

On Oct. 1, China’s National Day, Scott wrote at his WeChat moments, “My greatest hope today is that the country I come from and the country that is my current home together continue to grow in peace and prosperity. Happy National Day!”

Use magic tools Report

great man! good luck in another world!
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

Very good thing to do.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

The hero is brave, kind and bright on mind!  It is his wisdom that part of his life would keep living even after the soul leaving the world through the organ-donation.
No tear for his determination!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.