Author: SEARU

How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2017-10-13 06:42
How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes?

There is one I can think off, the Nobel peace prize.

Sorry, I couldn't follow you!
China always does her best to keep world peace who has never invaded any other nation!

Do you mean the U.S did so and China is fit for the Nobel prize on peace?
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

SEARU Post time: 2017-10-13 07:36
China always does her best to keep world peace who has never invade ...

I know China do her utmost best for world peace.

What I try to point out, especially Nobile peace prize awards is such BS, Obama win the prize in 2009, did he do anything to deserve the peace prize, NO.  He took office in 2008 until 2016 and dropped more bombs on the middle eastern and African countries than any presidents before him.
That's why I say Noble prizes are BS.

Use magic tools Report

Why not ask Tsung-Dao Lee and Chen Ning Yang?

https://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=986
https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel ... iew-transcript.html

I am going to make some off-the-cuff comments here and now so there is little order in what i will write:

1. the CR wiped the slate clean and severed the link to the outside world; it enabled the pyramid base to find a voice.  But the voice did not have any knowledge compound base because of decades of neglect. Most were farmers and factory workers. They lived manually not mentally.
That is the perspective to start with when asking how China can win more nobel prizes in the future.

2. nobellists don't think about winning the prize when they are doing their research; they were just curious and motivated; they asked the right questions and used the correct methods to find the answers; they learned from others including what should not be done so as not to reinvent the wheel; they developed insights at the edge; often many years of hard work at high risk and low rewards; but they loved what they did because of their immense curiosity to find truth.

3. getting a good mentor is important; in the above example, Lee was inspired by Fermi who had asked his student to teach him so that both could interact at the same level; there was no ego.

4. it was said Lee had a remarkable math deftness; he attacked a physics problem with swift mathematical elan; you can imagine that too since it is prevailing in many quarters in China's academia, just not described or even noticed by yourselves.

5. the two NPs won so far were in literature and on topics skirting towards freedom and rights; they were almost political in nature; did the NP committee realize that the content was striking and made interesting novels only because the situations described needed a historical framework without which the expressions could not have taken form?

6. China is scientific in approach; by that i don't mean just science. Her approach is to try a bit of something new, and if found workable, hit it on a mass wave for almost immediate visible effect. She could do that for two reasons: one - central will and control; two - standardized uniform mass approach. It is efficient but in a nobellian world of individual ideas, it should be balanced with other factors - of individuality, of interactivity, of focused support in selected areas.

7. China is artistic in base, scientific in pragmatism. Hers is human in beginning, machine in end. Find the middle path that would mold a hybrid where both can coexist in spirit of endeavor. I don't mean AI but essence of approach.

8. It just takes me a few minutes to think and type this out; at the back of the head; how did the thoughts get there in the first place? By reading a lot and thinking in a sweep. Across all subjects and timelines. Maybe this is also what's needed for society to progress in the mind sphere.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

SEARU Post time: 2017-10-13 07:36
China always does her best to keep world peace who has never invade ...

SEARU,

you should study recent Asian history and then you would stop making such frivolous comments: "China has never invaded..." It has, and plenty of countries in plenty of wars.

It invaded Vietnam, India, and had bloody skirmishes with the Soviets. it also invaded and took possession of Tibet and so-called "Xinjiang". I know what you are going to say to justify these invasions but these justifications hold no water. They are self-serving. China is not run by a peaceful regime. It also has many stains on its coat for its involvement in conflicts in Afghanistan, Palestine, Afria, N Korea.

Use magic tools Report

SEARU Post time: 2017-10-12 20:29
"they read ten percent of hat an average French person reads a year."???

they read ten percent o ...

Okay, so let me correct the title of this thread:

"How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes?"

"How can more Chinese win Nobel prizes?"

Use magic tools Report

Motika Post time: 2017-10-13 07:15
what about the subject. Cleaning up chemical and plastic waste !

Oh come on. That's oh so anti-progress, anti-modernism. Chinese want to industrialise their country, get it polluted, die early and produce unhealthy children to live in the next generation that will build the next layer of polluting factories.

Use magic tools Report

seneca Post time: 2017-10-13 10:04
Okay, so let me correct the title of this thread:

"How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes?"

No, you doubt about Chinese wisdom!
I am sure we Chinese would certainly win more Nobel prizes as the government is carry out innovation policy and education reform. The better academic environment would become fertile soil for the future Nobel-trees!

In this way, I don't think your ‘can’ is better than my 'would‘!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.