Author: SEARU

How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
  My reply can't be found here.

Use magic tools Report

tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-12 10:46

Yes, I also have been troubled by logining_problem since yesterday afternoon. It is lucky for that I got online through this small cellphone as soon as I turned it on early this morning! But I CAN'T login through the desktop computer!
The CD should update her internet equipments to fix the problem! Or don't be laughed by foreigners!
Typing on the small screen is going to drive my eyes become nearsighted!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

seneca Post time: 2017-10-10 15:50
But it is still true that the original author deserves the Nobel, not his or her translator. I k ...

Ishiguro was born in Japan and moved to the U.K. later on, so he is able to write like a British novelist in English, albeit he's said to be consumed by a cacoethes for traversing issues apropos of Japanese and Chinese culture.

By comparison, Chinese novelists like  Mo  don't speak English or even pooh-pooh the notion that they can learn anything useful from contemporary  Western literature. Most Chinese readers, by and large, hold the same view, thinking that novels written by Hanya  Yanagihara, Anthony Doerr, Donna Tartt, Martin Amis and Doris Lessing are inferior to Chinese internet novels, arghhh,  which feature slimy business people,  feral youngsters,  snobbish colleagues, randy civil servants,  and with-it lasses looking for men who are quids in. Most Chinese readers are said to be fans of such Chinese novels that have nothing to do with literature.

To add further complication,  some Chinese readers  said to be trying to translate such novels into English with the help of foreign translators, hoping to promulgate the message that foreigners also hanker after such Chinese novels, particularly the ones that showcase  puissant male characters' remarkable ability to use Chinese Kungfu to beat out  waspish  guys and woo girls.

Use magic tools Report

SEARU Post time: 2017-10-12 11:15
Yes, I also have been troubled by logining_problem since yesterday afternoon. It is lucky for that ...

Same here. I thought I had been blocked. I don't recall having written anything that's near the knuckle or beyond the pale here.

Use magic tools Report

SEARU Post time: 2017-10-12 11:15
Yes, I also have been troubled by logining_problem since yesterday afternoon. It is lucky for that ...

Maybe it's time to find another place to goof around. I hate censorship.

Use magic tools Report

tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-12 10:46

As I know, one editor is going to leaving and Miss Song would take the job! We should have patience to wait till all get normal!
Or let's go on strike! (kidding!)
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by tedbrent at 2017-10-12 11:40
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-12 11:28
As I know, one editor is going to leaving and Miss Song would take the job! We should have patienc ...

You are freaking me out. Don't you know that they also have guns? What if they gun us down ? I don't know Super Man's phone number, so we  won't be able to ask him for help when we are in a tight spot.

Wait, we could call Trump up. He might be able to send some special agents over to protect us.  Wait again, what if such  agents happen to be Trump himself,  Harvey Weinstein and Ben Affleck who are said to have molested girls?

Run, run, run, the Chinese girls visiting this forum; they are coming.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.