Views: 27914|Replies: 137

How would Chinese win more Nobel prizes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2017-10-10 10:35

It is a pity for Chinese that we have failed to win any Nobel prize this year!  Let's cool down and have a close look at what is going on in the education field where is the training-base for the future possible Nobel prizes!
a.---------Our science-textbooks are not scientific,at least not well-edited! For an example:   Newton's basic law (F=M*a) has been wrongly expressed by Chinese scholars for decades that Searu thinks in his the thread 《how to reform chinese science books》!  In fact Newton's this instant shining idea is quite simple: Any object(M) would not change its habit-like speed (a) without some external ‘force’!-------F forces M (mass) to change its state (a)!   The main term ‘force' should have translated as ’迫' instead of ’力'(strength)in Chinese! -------We should invented new concept-term ’迫‘ to replace the mortal ’力'(力量) since the later has mislead the pupils to understand science  in curved way!  What a fatal man-made trouble it has been?  Since that error on translation has wasted great source of our education!

b。--------Something maybe wrong with our teaching-goal!   Teachers should do jobs to train kids to become more powerful on thinking-ability istead of how much knowledge they have grasped!   Knowledge acts as stone that makes the thinking-knife  sharper!  Frequent examinations on knowledge is poison for kids’ growth those do not encourage their innovation!

c----------'Repeating‘  is an invisible knife that has ’killed‘ too much of schooling lives! Most of the teachers and students do work as machine-slave for little lightning in brain!-----------That teacher has been speaking to the sleepy children for all the class-time!-----------Why not have discussion about the book? Encourage kids to teach themselves something?  

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

It would be daft to suggest that the Chinese should ameliorate their teaching methods, owing to the fact that Chinese students are the smartest ones in the universe in the eyes of most Chinese visitors of this forum.

The underlying reason why Chinese scientists haven't been "lionized" is that Western people still balk at recognizing Chinese scientists' achievements, according to these Chinese nationalists, who also suggest that discrimination against the Chinese is fully on display when Westerners fail to give Chinese scientists-turned-pasticheurs props.

I'm going to be working on a  new novel titled The Remains of the year, which is going to be a best-selling one in Europe. Which means I will have won Nobel Prize in Literature by the time it gets released.

The only vexed issue is Kazuo Ishiguro wouldn't like to know that a copy-cat is hoping to purloin if not crib  his masterpiece just like what you often find in China, where writers copy other writer's novels with impunity.

Maybe I could publish this upcoming novel in China and change the title of my novel to Fifty Shades of Brown or All the Secrets We Can Not See if  Anthony Doerr and EL James are not going to sue me.

Use magic tools Report

Up to now, only two Chinese from the mainland has won the delicious prize! What could we learn from their success?
Mr. Mo-Yan from my home-province won the honor in 2012 whose top-diploma was mere from junior-middle-school! I think his special free-writing-style has contributed a lot to the success that is enough for those professors with thick glasses feel shameful in the campus!
Many well-educated scholars have been troubled with  limited-thinking-style due to the poor teaching-mood in recent decades who only have the right to envy the farmer-like writer creating miracle!---------Something must be wrong with our current schooling system! -----------It is why Searu must reveal some ugly phenomenons with his own business so that to urge government officials to take real actions for the situation changing!

Use magic tools Report

SEARU Post time: 2017-10-10 12:13
Up to now, only two Chinese from the mainland has won the delicious prize! What could we learn from  ...

Howard Goldblatt should have been the winner instead of Mo-Yan . Mo-Yan 's oriiginal Chinese novels are tripe.

Use magic tools Report

tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-10 12:21
Howard Goldblatt should have been the winner instead of Mo-Yan . Mo-Yan 's oriiginal Chinese nove ...

Your saying sounds strange!
Even that proved true,it would not account since nobody could deny Mo.‘s talent!
--------------It seems that one pistol had shot shot down a flying plane while the advanced missiles failed! Where is the function of our whole education-machine although it works in low efficiency?

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by tedbrent at 2017-10-10 13:47
SEARU Post time: 2017-10-10 13:14
Your saying sounds strange!
Even that proved true,it would not account since nobody could den ...

buddy, don't you know that it was Howard Goldblatt who translated Mo-Yan's Chinese novels into English. If it hadn't been for  Howard Goldblatt, Mo-Yan wouldn't have won the prize.

For good measure, I have had a chance to read  Mo-Yan's original Chinese novels. My takeaway: his Chinese novels strike me as ho-hum and even goofy. You could call it Kafkaesque country literature.

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by tedbrent at 2017-10-10 13:47

buddy, don't you know that it was Howard Goldblatt  who  translated Mo-Yan's Chinese novels into English. If it hadn't been for  Howard Goldblatt, Mo-Yan wouldn't have won the prize.

For good measure, I have had a chance to read  Mo-Yan's original Chinese novels. My takeaway: his Chinese novels strike me as ho-hum and even goofy. You could call it Kafkaesque country literature.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.