Author: SEARU

Let's talk about China textbooks reform again! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-14 11:03:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2017-9-14 13:57

We have lost a lot due to our backward working method! Do you admit it?
We are doomed to fail if we can not challenge ourselves! The aim of language teaching should be:
1) Every word, sentence or text ought to have definite meaning just as English;------------It was wrong for that professor since he said ’The new textbook would leave more space for pupils to imagine!" -------Your text ought to be clear photo instead of dim Chinese traditional painting drawn by brush!
2) Students must be forced to avoid repeating others' words without their own idea!
3)To think freely in your own way with your unique words! 
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 11:07:21 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-9-13 23:23
The first text on language is '天地你我他'!
How to translate it into english? 天-----------heaven, o ...

Does 天 mean ‘universe'?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-16 18:30:26 |Display all floors
Now, I think a main point of the topic should be that we must pay enough attention to the writing style of our future new textbooks!

In ancient China, students were asked to write eight-leged composite which strict form and structure had limited their imagination! It was Chairman Mao who criticized the backward teaching method. The great leader had set a good example for us:Your words must be easy to be understood by readers!  

Recently, President Xi's speaking style has influenced the press circle so deep that the CCTV news program goes mostly in oral words that sounds closer to ordinary citizens.

Here I want to point out there is much room for the improvement of our current textbooks on both language and science!  Our government should invest a lot for the civilization-building-project! -------------That would become second invisible Great Wall in future!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-16 20:59:44 |Display all floors
I do wish future national level textbooks would be like this as following:
---------English: More texts would have close relationship with kids‘ life that would become a magnet to their mind.  Children would learn the ‘strange’ language in a light way as when they dealt with mother one.
Here I want to tell my own story: Many of my colleagues admire me since I can do some work here in the Forum.  I was a bit surprised to see that female English teacher refused to join us into the blog site just because she had lost interest on the foreign language although she had got diploma on it who frankly told me poor textbooks and frequent exams had peeled off most of her enjoyment in learning!

To me, it was that funny English-to-English dictionary helped me better understand each new word learned from textbooks. Interest has led me to the success as you see!

------------Maths: More lessons would be taught with concrete shapes instead of abstract numbers and formulas; Pupils would accept new concept with experiments like what that Smith does in his workshop who deals with kinds of shapes and calculate a lot with pleasure!

------------Physics: Maybe Newton's law can be translate into one sentence! Deep  theory could be taught in a easy way!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-17 18:54:02 |Display all floors
Really it is meaningful to say more words about the important topic!  But till now I have seen any reply from reader friends! ---------One of my colleagues warned me my  hot words on the sensitive issue may anger some officer in power!  Is it risky for me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-18 15:05:40 |Display all floors
Yes, I could sense this kind of great change when I traveled in our province capital city Jinan: Over the old streets they have built express-way for the countless cars that surprised me since I had never seen such double-street before! In the car on the top road you felt like flying in airplane through the forest-like buildings!

As a teacher, I think textbooks are similar to the obvious infrastructure which also need improvement. To my enjoyment our education department has made new contribution to the textbook-reform. Here I do wish government would organize more experts to complete the great project. (We must admit that the quality of our current textbooks are not as perfect as foreign ones on many aspects, then produce new ones with modern writing style!)

(The above was my comment on that thread <Why China spend more on infrastructure>. )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-20 00:32:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.