Author: ceciliazhang

Are Chinese cities disabled-friendly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-11 17:06:11 |Display all floors

Given the terrible traffic and crazy roads, I don't think it is safe for the disabled to walk on the street. China has ramped up services for disabled population and in some major cities including Shanghai and Beijing, many tourist sites are now wheelchair accessible. But there is a long way to go in terms of providing better facilities and increasing people's awareness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 20:17:57 |Display all floors
Truth is these special road for disables are already occupied with cars and bikes ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 20:45:01 |Display all floors
Is this a joke?  Does this include the "blind people" walking around on their cell phones?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 20:49:53 |Display all floors
Watch your step!  A fire hydrant after urban development. Guiyang, Guizhou.
IMG_2091.JPG

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-12 16:57:24 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-9-11 17:06
Given the terrible traffic and crazy roads, I don't think it is safe for the disabled to walk on the ...

Will this be all China wide in every village or just big cities?
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 12:21:26 |Display all floors
Are Chinese cities disabled-friendly?

What a question, not even normal people friendly, in our city most of the time you must walk in the street, and if there are a walkway you can use, you must have eyes in the back of your head to dodge the delivery e-bikes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 13:06:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1626548377 at 2017-9-13 13:09
DMZappa Post time: 2017-9-11 20:45
Is this a joke?  Does this include the "blind people" walking around on their cell phones?

The blind cell phone people you talking about, I love it, the best one I saw on TV a few months ago when a woman walk straight into a fish pond

The best one I've witnessed was a few days ago when I saw a young woman, she didn't see the step when she want to enter a shop (of course all attention on the mobile) and she hit the deck, cell in two pieces, dress over the head, handbag on the ground. The first thing she do when she got up is to sh!t the security guard out, I don't know what she was saying but she went on like a crazy person. After the hole incident the security guard still help her to pick up the contents of her handbag spread allover the ground.   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.