Views: 6816|Replies: 5

Beijing to inspect all five-star hotels after hygiene issues exposed [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-9 10:14:37 |Display all floors
U470P886T1D272417F12DT20170906132609.jpg

This combo photo shows bed linens remain in a hotel unchanged after being used. (Photo/ Video Screenshot)

Beijing health authorities will launch an inspection this week of all five-star hotels in the city after a video exposed questionable hygiene conditions at five international hotels.

On Sept. 4, Lanmei Test, a self-proclaimed independent team, released video from its investigation of the Intercontinental, the Hilton, the Shangri-La, JW Marriott, and W Hotels. The investigation found unchanged bed linens at three of the hotels, and dirty toilets at all five.

The team checked in to the same rooms at each of the five hotels on two consecutive days. On the first day, they used invisible stamps to mark the bed linen, toilets, bathtubs, and tumblers. They returned on the second day and found that the marks were still there.

The video has drawn wide attention and gone viral on Chinese social media.

The Beijing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning and the Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism said they had launched investigations into the five hotels, while the Hilton and Shangri-La said internal investigations were underway.

The Beijing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning said it would examine all of the city's five-star hotels within the week and urged them to conform to hygiene rules. Violators would be punished according to law, it added.(ecns.cn)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-9 13:52:52 |Display all floors
And I wonder why the Beijing authorities only show such an interest in the hygiene standards at five-star hotels when the majority of people don't have the money to stay there and instead overnight at unstarred guesthouses or hotels with 1 to 2 stars. Aren't budget travelers entitled to hygiene too?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-9 13:55:11 |Display all floors

Here is what I wonder: why don't the authorities show a similar zeal in enforcing hygiene on budget hotels? Most travelers stay at guesthouses ranked far below five-star hotels. Aren't they entitled to hygiene too???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-9 15:09:51 |Display all floors
I dare not peel off clothes at any hotel during night. --------Taking your own things as quilt that is safer!  It was right although others laughed at me!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-9 16:17:14 |Display all floors
you can guess what would happened on other place of China ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-9 22:53:02 |Display all floors
I would like the cleaners to wait a few mins after banging on the door in the morning. I cant get out of my bed and open the door in 3 seconds...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.