Author: JohnV

[Others] Teaching in China – a Personal Message [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-6 23:10:21 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-9-6 19:42
Thousands of teachers deported?
For what reasons? maybe you mean they had worked for the same schoo ...

I am sure that if thousands of teachers had been deported any time recently it would have been in the media. The Chinese newspapers love to spread bad news even when only two foreign teachers have been found to be breaking laws.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 23:10:50 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-9-6 15:06
Many ? NOT me, at least.

No, don 't worry - you were not meant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 23:23:15 |Display all floors
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-4 14:07
@Seneca

It’s not just me that has a jaundiced view, you’ll note that the PSB are recently startin ...
Of course not all, but if you’ve been in China for ten years and unless you led a sheltered life you’d have already met the paedophiles, the addicted and the simply useless at the bottom end TEFL scale. I saw the same in Thailand and Laos. Big cheer from me, it’s spring cleaning time right across Asia and as the dust settles, hopefully we will no longer be lumped in together with the deported deadbeats.

Let me clear the smog from this room, okay?

I have met such people - seks pests, incompetents, boozers and whatever, yes. BUt I have also met dedicated foreign teachers who sacrificed themselves to teach in a backward country where their foreign faces often are misused to drum up more business for the Chinese employer. I have met more honest, good, diligent men and women working as teachers in China than I have paedophiles and other bent individuals. Why do you make such a big issue of the failures when there are more good guys to talk about? I think this shows you have a sinister mission.

I once reported a college for having previously employed a seks pervert. The college avoided doing the right thing for reasons best known to themselves only. The seks pervert had a Chinese wife who was in the know. I reported it two years after the events which I learnt about through the grapevine and because that college was acting suspiciously in a number of other things. You probably have no idea how many employers routinely ride roughshod over laws... The police gave that college a dressing-down and the mended their ways to some extent but they did not go out of business.

On the other hand, I knew a U.S. American teacher who had spent ten years working in the same college. At the end of his tenth year he was forced to leave because the government did not apparently allow a foreigner to be retained longer than ten years.

And what do you say about N Korea? Are there millions of European jobseekers with paedophile tendencies? There are about 80 foreign teachers employed by the University of Science and Technology in Pyongyang. These foreign nationals make huge sacrifices: they get no pay at all and have to ignore politics (just as you have to in China). What is in it for them? They are watched over 24/7. Yet, that university had no trouble recruiting volunteers. This autumn, however, the majority of the foreign teachers won't return to Pyongyang because the are U.S. Americans and Donald Trump just forbade them to return to N Korea.

So much for your hint that foreign teachers come to Asia to get paid royally...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 07:16:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:48

Deleted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 07:21:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:49

Deleted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 08:05:57 |Display all floors
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-7 07:21
@parcher

I've been at the same school for six years with no problems, or being asked to leave. The  ...

There is a very fanous blogger on here and teacher who was told to leave after 5 years. it has nothing to do with  your performance in the classroom. it looks like it is just a sneaky way to reduce the number of foreign workers in china. How many foreigners do you think would challenge this? probably one in every hundred., but there is no law sayibg yoy must leave after 5 years.
apologizies for spelling erors. . i am using my phone
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 08:09:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:49

Deleted  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.