Author: JohnV

[Others] Teaching in China – a Personal Message [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-8 13:06:14 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-9-8 12:54
I forgot about the F visa, but to my knowledge you now must have a letter from your company in you ...

I do not know about such rules, Parcher. But the F visa was easy to come by while I was still teaching (I had my regular work visa but some of my colleagues at some places of work had an 'F' visa.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 13:15:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:53

Deleted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 13:20:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:53

Deleted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 14:11:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:54

Deleted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 15:14:03 |Display all floors
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-8 14:11
@seneca
Look seneca, I can hear you grinding your teeth from here. Don’t take it personally, I’m j ...

Ha, I like your honest and frank talk re seneca!
If you stick around long enough you would not fail to notice that he likes to boast about his 10 years' teaching in China, as if that makes him a true China hand, which of course he is not!  There are many foreigners who have been in China for more than 10 years and are as just as clueless as he!
And he lectures anyone and everyone here as if he knows all.  Pity the bloke; he seems to have an over-inflated ego!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 19:47:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JohnV at 2017-9-20 12:54

Deleted

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-9 06:17:39 |Display all floors
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-8 14:11
@seneca
Look seneca, I can hear you grinding your teeth from here. Don’t take it personally, I’m j ...

I prefer my own cluelessness over yours, John. Ignorance is bliss if it means you don't believe the hype that others give out.

For example I don't believe the P.S.B. have been deporting thousands of "illegal" foreign teachers this year.

I don't even believe there are that many illegal ones here simply because even the P.S.B. are hard pressed to distinguish them from the truly legal ones. There is too much opacity in the rules. And the Chinese like twilight light and poor vision in general.

Why couldn't I tell you the facts about the U.S. American scientists teaching as unpaid volunteers in Pyongyang? If N Korea can attract them, so can China.

My first reply to you was to agree that today money is the driving force especially in China but later I had to point out to you that for many Westerners money is not that important. To Chinese it always will be the first consideration.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.