Author: ceciliazhang

Can India defeat China in a full-fledged war? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-8 15:28:14 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2017-8-8 15:14
We too

You can think of yourself as superior to everyone. But the ground fact can be enti ...

Leonard, I like people with down to earth personality.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-8 15:32:15 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-8-8 12:28
Leonard, I like people with down to earth personality.

I like Raj. The guy with higher laid ratio

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-8 15:34:58 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2017-8-8 15:32
I like Raj. The guy with higher laid ratio

Higher laid ratio? Raj? I think he ranks the second last, right after Stuart.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-8 15:42:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tailorsas at 2017-8-8 15:56

An article from VALUEWALK

China has given India a series of warnings to withdraw its troops from the disputed area to avoid confrontation. But India continues standing its ground in the border stand-off it has little chance of winning if the actual military fighting breaks out.

Amid reports that Beijing keeps sending more of its troops closer to the border stand-off with India, Senior Col Li Li of the People’s Liberation Army gave an ominous warning to Indians on Monday, calling India’s move to send troops into the disputed patch of land inBhutan an “invasion of Chinese territory,” and insisting that the Chinese army will do its “best” to “protect territorial integrity,” according to The Economic Times.

China’s annual defense spending dwarfs India’s, $216 billion to $56 billion, but that is not the only factor that leaves New Delhi little to no chances of defeating the world’s second largest military in case a China vs. India war breaks out. But it’s not only intimidating stats of China’s military prowess and the anti-Indian rhetoric in the Chinese media that gives a realistic forecast of a China vs. India war, it’s also New Delhi itself who has a gloomy outlook for its army.

In a down-to-earth report into the state of the Indian army submitted to Parliament, India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) reveals disturbing findings about the army’s battle preparedness, making the prospect of a China vs. India war even scarier for the Indians.

The CAG report, which was made public in The Hindustan Times and serves as a follow-up to the conclusions of May 2015, reveals that the Indian army is suffering from a dramatic shortfall of necessary ammunition, gloomy unpreparedness for intense fighting, a disturbing shortage of essential resources as well as inadequate training of Indian soldiers.

Despite all the eagerness to attack China militarily and bravery of Indian commenters on social media, the CAG report shows that the Indian army may be not ready to fight neither China nor Pakistan, with whom India has engaged in separate territorial disputes.

I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-8 15:48:09 |Display all floors
Mr. Hsu is not a mainland Chinese, for sure, but at best a Taiwanese or Singaporean, and more likely the former, as mainlanders use Pinyin and he would be called Mr. Xu in China.  If he calls himself a Chinese, he is a traitor to the Taiwanese separatists who refuse to call themselves Chinese.  But if he is not a Chinese, then he is a liar.  

However, his arguments are identical to Manoj10's.  So, he might be an Indian Singaporean who can speak and write in Chinese.  

In all cases, he is totally mistaken.  The Indian forces are no match for China's forces, even if China gave them the advantage of choosing their battlefield, and preparing for this ambush on China for the past several years.  Still no match.

The 48 Indian soldiers abandoned by their commanders on Chinese soil to serve as human bait should wise up and surrender or go home, as soon as possible.  There is no chance they can survive any military action by China.  Zero chance, period.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-8 21:45:26 |Display all floors
Why do Chinese even ponder who will win in such a war rather than What can we do to stop China/India or both from going to war? Clearly China is not thinking how to preserve peace but how to demonstrate superiority and strength.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-8 21:58:37 |Display all floors
abcfirst Post time: 2017-8-8 15:48
Mr. Hsu is not a mainland Chinese, for sure, but at best a Taiwanese or Singaporean, and more likely ...

Ah, a Chinese who does not submit to official brain-laundering is a "traitor"... How nice for Mr Xu to know that. He sure will do his best not to look silly like the sheople who for fear and for lack of imagination allow their brains to get synchronized to the thinking imposed by a few elites at the top of the nation... It is a bit like in Fascist Italy or Spain, this conformism, isn't it?

But yes, Mr Xu probably is not a Chinese. He is a foreigner, either from Taiwan or from Singapore, as you said. Or from somewhere else.

By the way, what I just said would also apply to any Indian who would have fallen foul of national chauvinist rhetorics.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.