Author: senoritazhao

What are the advantages of studying medicine in China?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-14 07:52:30 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-7-13 23:07
If you do not know Traditional Chinese Medicine, please refrain from commenting. For it exhibits y ...

"For it brought China to be the nation with the highest popul;ation in history!"

The rest of the world should be grateful to the Chinese for having exposed themselves to so-called "T.C.M." - it has helped the world grow healthy and enjoy longer lifespans than the Chinese have done for the last 2'000 years!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 07:58:11 |Display all floors
suren0821 Post time: 2017-7-13 23:55
I agree with your point.
And the traditional chinese medicine is based on the chinese traditional ...

There is not much philosophy and wisdom contained in what so many T.C.M. quacks practise. They prey on their gullible and traditionally uneducated compatriots.

Even the supposedly "magic" qi is humbug.

That said, I have already noted that when properly researched, some T.C.M. therapies are acceptable and possibly useful alternatives.

The danger comes from nationalist exploitation of a methodology that has not been reviewed by peers other than practising T.C.M. "masters".

And there is the ethical weakness: T.C.M. overrelies on magic potions obtained at the expense of animals.

Such ingredients ought to be banned, and if the drug is effective and efficacious, the ingredient needs to be replaced by synthetic one.

This is ALWAYS possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 07:59:02 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-7-14 00:14
what in case of cancer? TCM-only can "help"?

... or skull fracture and brain contusion...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 08:02:12 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-14 00:19
yes, not always. But real cases were some west medi abandoned patients got cured by Chinese medi. O ...

Thgese cases need to be STUDIED, so that the INGREDIENTS in the Chiense drugs can be identified.

By the same token, the use of T.C.M. drugs often is dangerous as the negative side effects are not always understood by the practitioners.

My real point really is that as long as T.C.M. is not scientifically understood, its efrficacityy cannot be demonstrated or proven. Hence it is a FAITH-based healing method. When FAITH is involved, you might just hope for Buddha or the Yellow Emperor to intercede on your behalf in your body's problem!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 08:46:03 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2017-7-13 22:56
Certainly he will be welcome, as only having your arse to kick is not thrilling enough, senecAss.

Your wishes are too pious; we live in a God-less time. No God will fulfill your hopes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 08:47:59 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-7-13 23:02
Please do not impressive your topographical errors! You did it intentionally to show you hate!
Med ...

"...do not impressive..."  "...topographical errors!"...

If you wanna talk in this Forum, LEARN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE   f i r s t ,   you comma! No one can make a head or a tail out of your gibberish!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 09:57:11 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-14 00:19
yes, not always. But real cases were some west medi abandoned patients got cured by Chinese medi. O ...

I was also "abandoned" by Western medicine in that medication would not cure the problem and advised surgery. I declined and visited a TCM doctor who thought it could take about 14 months to get better. After 6 weekly consultations and adjustments to prescriptions it got better. Not particularly cheap though.

I am still open minded as to whether it was just a coincidence because this is the first time that TCM has made any difference on any of my ailments over the years.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.