Views: 8511|Replies: 110

What are the advantages of studying medicine in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-12 15:59:24 |Display all floors

I know a lot of African students came to China to study medicine, either under scholarship offered by their home countries or by China.

What are the advantages of studying medicine in China?

For me, I think China is an interesting to study medicine as it combines the western and Chinese medicine.

Just exciting to think of special herbs and animal tails that cures diseases, and also the amazing skills like acupuncture, cupping that saved me from overtraining on running...

Growing up in a varied household meant that I was exposed to both - and I do believe in the Chinese medicine, so I think it’d be interesting to consider China if you are interested in alternative treatment.

What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-12 16:18:01 |Display all floors
TCM adds to education portfolio, which can be applied in one's home country for more work opportunities.

Secondly, I guess many who come to study medicine in China, also study Chinese language on the way. And for foreigners who speak Chinese, work oppotunities in China are plentyful, because Chinese employers want to hire foreign faces (white in particular) regardless of their skills. If you happen to be educated in field like medicine, work visa is not a problem  to get so you can even do it legally.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-12 20:25:49 |Display all floors

Are you sure that studying medicine in China combines modern medicine as well as T.C.M.? I think the two are separate and distinct from one another.

T.C.M. is not scientific and should be treated with caution. It also lacks ethics as it often prescribes drugs based on animal parts that had better be replaced by synthetic ingredients - if the drug's claimed effects actually does exist. Most effects are imaginary ("placebo ) - hence T.C.M. is a murky area fit for quacks. effect"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-12 22:56:00 |Display all floors
I guess most people study medicine cause it can help you earn a lot of money ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-12 23:10:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Chinaman2017 at 2017-7-12 23:21
seneca Post time: 2017-7-12 20:25
Are you sure that studying medicine in China combines modern medicine as well as T.C.M.? I think th ...

How can a person of less than 100 yrs old to conclude on a medical practice of thousands of yrs age.
Or let me introduce the major differences between Chinese and Western medicines. Chinese medicines focus on improving one's immune system to fight off disease while Western medicines focus on killing of virus or bacteria. Thus, Chinese medicines are slower to take effect but have less side effects and West medicines always miskill the right cells or immune system and have more side effects eventhough they seem having faster effects.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-12 23:45:30 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-12 23:10
How can a person of less than 100 yrs old to conclude on a medical practice of thousands of yrs age ...

Have to agree with you, sir.  Chinese herb/drugs preventative, western drugs to "chase a cure" after the damage is done.
But when it come to pain I will take western.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-13 09:26:16 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-12 23:10
How can a person of less than 100 yrs old to conclude on a medical practice of thousands of yrs age ...

Medicine as such has a history of thousands of years; we only judge the DRUGS and THERAPIES, on occasion the SURGICAL OPERATIONS doctors perform, not the "medicine" per se. Western medicine for example has the same basis that Chiense traditional medicine does too; it is folk medicine, thousands of years old. But unlike the Chinese folk medicine, Western medicine has shed many of those beliefs that it traditionally had. Since about 2500 years ago at the time of the Greek genius Galen, the doctors have had to study causes and effects rather than just study empirical data that suggest that one form of treatment has a strong tendency to heal certain conditions.

There is certainly some good in T.C.M. but it is too much faith-based and it is being practised at least in China by too many quacks.

Go to two different Chiense quacks with the same medical problem and see them give you two different diagnoses and administering two divergent treatments...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.