Views: 3580|Replies: 42

Beijing drivers to face fines for not giving way to pedestrians   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-16 17:56:15 |Display all floors
微信图片_20170616175911.jpg

Beijing traffic police Thursday began enforcing a fine of 200 yuan (29 US dollars) for motorists who fail to give way to pedestrians on crosswalks.
The violation will also result in a loss of three demerit points. When motorists lose all 12 points they must retake the driver's license test.
Traffic police and volunteer civilian assistants will be stationed at the first batch of 46 crossings within the city to enforce the rule. It has been made clear that even if a right turn on a red light is generally permitted, drivers must stop for pedestrians.
The enforcement of the fine comes days after surveillance camera footage went viral showing a woman in central China's Henan Province being hit by a taxi while on a crosswalk. Lying on the crosswalk, she was run over by a second car.
Traffic police records show that in the capital last year, 18 people were killed, and another 21 injured in 37 accidents that involved motorists failing to give way to pedestrians on crosswalks. (news from CRI)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-16 19:01:50 |Display all floors
These donkeys even has the nerve to drive up walkways and honk pedestrians. I once challenge  a driver to come out from the car after he honked me. He coward out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-16 19:05:11 |Display all floors
foreignchinese Post time: 2017-6-16 19:01
These donkeys even has the nerve to drive up walkways and honk pedestrians. I once challenge  a driv ...

I didnt come out, lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-17 05:44:29 |Display all floors
Only $29 ??
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-6-17 06:50:27 |Display all floors
A fine is a good idea

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-6-17 06:50:48 |Display all floors
A fine is a good idea

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-17 09:18:50 |Display all floors

Finally a truly uplifting news from China! Motorists need to be put in their station. But pedestrians too need to learn how to navigate their way across streets. Once jaywalking is out of fashion all over China, you can expect motorists to be civilised too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.