Author: senoritazhao

Is North Korea nuclear crisis reaching a showdown?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-16 01:04:41 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-4-15 04:36
And if China wants to bargain over something, I see no reason why north of 38th parallel could be se ...

Too little too late, for both the American and sadly I dare say the Chinese as well. The only recourse now is for everyone in the world, i.e., the Chinese, the Americans, the Russians, and every other nuclear power in the world to commit to total and complete nuclear disarmament and to device the reliable means and method of enforcing it. This time around, the world might in fact have Kim Jong-un to thank for if mandkind finally get to rid the world if its nukes.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-16 09:18:39 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-4-15 22:18
"peaceful nature of their armed forces" is an oxymoron. You do realize this, right?

Irrelevant to the topic at hand. Hiddden (or not) point in my words is that China claims that it's increase in military power does not aim to world domination or policing the world at large (contrary to USA perhaps).

Safeguarding territorial integrity of the northern part of unified Korea (otherwise under Seoul rule), would be chance to demonstrate those words in practise on China's own doorsteps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-16 09:27:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-4-16 09:27
edisonone Post time: 2017-4-16 01:04
Too little too late, for both the American and sadly I dare say the Chinese as well. The only reco ...

I understand that some entities in USA are only concerned about not letting DPRK build weapons that could reach US soil.

Nukes are only part of the problem, and nuclear disarmament of DPRK or any other country does not make the conflicts go away. Nukes are a warfare development of 20th centry, who knows what devices are engineered in 21st century. Unless you solve the actual conflicts, the problems keep coming back.

Korean unification is the way to solve that particular conflict completely, and I think it can only happen by moving Kim regime out of picture. If the lot of them could be invited for extended stay to China, perhaps no blood needs to be spilled.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-16 12:27:06 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-4-15 17:27
I understand that some entities in USA are only concerned about not letting DPRK build weapons tha ...

"Long stay (or exiled) to China. Is that what you mean?

Look, Beijing's just announced that it'll put the north koreans under China's nuke umbrella if north Korea denuclearizes. What do you think? Do you think it is a realizable proposition? Wishfull thinking on the part of Beijing and Trump my opinion. They'll laugh at our face for saying such a silly thing.
North Koreans is not going to let the Chinese or anyone dictate how it walks, how it runs, how it eat, and how it relieves itself. Similarly as was with the Vietnamese, Koreans too harbour fond memories of Chinese ocupation on and off throughout the ages and, like Vietnam, too, is weary of being inverted back into the Chinese melting pot again as in the past therefore China is not going to have much pull on Korea.

Therefore this strategy (putting the north under the Chinese nuclear umbrella) is simply not going to work. The only way to denuclearize the Korean peninsula is total world disarmament which means all nuclear powers must be signatory no exceptions. This is the only way to force the nuclear genie back into the nuclear genie's bottle. If otherwise, nuclear proliferation will only get worst if Iran and others see how Kim can get away with it simply because it have nukes.

Too little too late for China, together with the US, to say "stop playing with nukes" and we'll put you under China's plan to Kim...

I'm hopeful that Trump, with all of his rehtorics, may, I repeat, MAY, just be the one to get the world to commit to total world dusarmament.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-16 19:35:28 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2017-4-16 12:27

Look, Beijing's just announced that it'l ...

Yes, I mean exiled or given asylum in China untilt he end of their lives.

Look, Beijing's just announced that it'll put the north koreans under China's nuke umbrella if north Korea denuclearizes. What do you think?

My concern is not so much denuclearizing DPRK, but putting removing DPRK from the picture completely, and unifying Korea.

North Koreans is not going to let the Chinese or anyone dictate how it walks, how it runs, how it eat, and how it relieves itself.

China has never cut political support to DPRK, and in my opinion that is what they should do. You don't know how long DPRK leaders want to lead a country that has zero friends. They would accept Chinese invitation sooner or later, I believe.

Therefore this strategy (putting the north under the Chinese nuclear umbrella) is simply not going to work.

My idea is about unifying Korea, not simply changing defense structure of DPRK. China could take care of defense of northern Korea, while ROK/US takes care of southern Korea. In all other aspects, north Korea would be governed and administrated by Seoul, not Beijing. A little bit similar as defense agreement between USA and Japan.

In this picture, as there is no DPRK anymore, I think that it is irrelevant what nuclear or other umbrella China puts over northern Korea - it would be part of ROK, and if China wants to protect them with nukes, I don't think they would terribly mind.

Nuclear disarmament is only one step - it will not make conflicts disappear. Surely US citizens could sleep better if DPRK had no nukes, but it would not greatly change threat to ROK or Japan, if DPRK could just keep building conventional weapons instead.

So my solution would be to have China take greater leaps in bringing DPRK off the map and unify Korea under Seoul's rule. Nuclear and other issues will solve automatically.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-16 20:55:26 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2017-4-15 10:45
Unlike white folks, divorse is just not a true and realistic Chinese pastime. Actually, the word " ...

As usual you lie through your teeth. The Chinese do have word for divorce (lihun). I know a lot Chinese people in Beijing that are divorced.

But what does that have to do with Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, and Xinjiang independence? China is going through a lot of internal struggles. It's busting at the seams.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-16 20:56:16 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-4-15 15:48
Not all,
Afghanistan is one of the proudest Nation on Earth.
Your lot is trying to inch closer to  ...

Sniffing your own farts again?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.