Author: senoritazhao

Is North Korea nuclear crisis reaching a showdown?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-13 22:52:12 |Display all floors
Korea is to China what Mexico is to the USA. If I were the US, I'd simply withdraw all my forces from ROK (S. Korea) and say "Good luck!" to ROK and China. It's UP TO CHINA and ROK to decide what to do with DPRK (N. Korea). They can easily replace the Kim family and remove all the nukes. It need not be a US problem. Time for USA to recognize China as the equal 2nd "great power" and become its ALLY to guarantee peace.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 22:57:00 |Display all floors
"As soon as North Korea complies with China's declared advice and suspends nuclear activities ... China will actively work to protect the security of a denuclearized North Korean nation and regime," said an editorial in the Global Times, which is published by the Communist party's People's Daily.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe underscored fears about threats from North Korea, telling parliament in Tokyo that Pyongyang could have the capacity to deliver missiles equipped with sarin nerve gas.

A senior Japanese diplomat said the United States was putting "maximum pressure" on North Korea to resolve issues peacefully while putting responsibility on China to sway its old ally.

"We will watch what action China takes," the diplomat said.

While Japan did not see a high risk of military action, it expected to be consulted by the United States if it decided to attack. North Korea has about 350 missiles that can hit Japan.

Celebrates new street

About 200 foreign journalists gathered in Pyongyang for North Korea's biggest national day, the "Day of the Sun," were taken to what officials billed as a "big and important event" early on Thursday. It turned out to be the opening of a new street in the centre of the capital, attended by leader Kim.

North Korea marks the 105th anniversary of the birth of state founder Kim Il-sung on Saturday. In 2012, it tried but failed to launch a long-range rocket carrying a satellite to mark the date and tested a newly developed intermediate-range missile last year.

North Korea's official KCNA news agency said early on Thursday that Kim Jong-un had guided training of the army's special operation forces jumping from aircraft.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 22:57:29 |Display all floors
On Tuesday, North Korea warned of a nuclear attack on the United States at any sign of American aggression.

The North is technically at war with the United States and South Korea after the 1950-53 Korean War ended in a truce and not a peace treaty.

The North regularly threatens to destroy both countries. U.S. officials said Trump was considering sanctions that could include an oil embargo, banning North Korea's airline, intercepting cargo ships, and punishing Chinese banks doing business with it.

"There's a whole host of things that are possible, all the way up to what's essentially a trade quarantine on North Korea," one official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters in Washington.

Customs data in Beijing on Thursday showed that China's coal imports from North Korea had plunged 51.6 per cent in the first three months in 2017 from a year ago.

China suspended issue of permits for coal imports from North Korea on Feb. 18 as part of its effort to implement UN sanctions.

Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping spoke by telephone on Wednesday, just days after they met in the United States for the first time, underscoring the sense of urgency about North Korea.

Trump said on Twitter his call with Xi was a "very good" discussion of the "menace of North Korea." He said later on Wednesday the United States was prepared to tackle the crisis without China, if necessary.

© Thomson Reuters, 2017
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 23:24:06 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-13 22:52
Korea is to China what Mexico is to the USA. If I were the US, I'd simply withdraw all my forces fro ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-13 23:31:27 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-13 09:52
Korea is to China what Mexico is to the USA. If I were the US, I'd simply withdraw all my forces fro ...

withdraw all my forces from ROK

Sure, and the North would over run the south in a couple of hours with Chinas' blessing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-14 00:54:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Boston101 at 2017-4-14 00:55
Saul Post time: 2017-4-13 23:31
withdraw all my forces from ROK

Sure, and the North would over run the south in a couple of hou ...

Exactly, that's why it will never happen. In the meantime, China is enjoying a buffer zone using DPRK. As such, China fears a DPRK collapse and then reuniting with ROK (there goes China's buffer zone).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-14 05:18:30 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2017-4-13 23:57
The crisis is long in coming. Successive generations of policymakers have kicked the North Korea can ...

What about the millions of vietnamese that were slaughtered in the USA invasion of Vietnam in the 1960 s and the illegal and brutal 2003 invasion of Irag and the recent invasion of Syria.  You should be looking at your own country USA and its terrorist activities over a long period of time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.