Author: UYA

Exposed: Heilongjiang International University (HIU)   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-27 20:57:10 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-11-27 16:20
Your ignorant comments just show your bias.
Is your claim that you know what happened, without bei ...

You don't really think the university will respond to you through this forum, do you? And you can't be serious in belieiving that the central government would investigate in such a trivial and personal matter???

If you truly think otherwise you are a total fool and thus incompetent to be a worker in China. Every single day, millions of people get shafted in China in far worse ways than your case seems to suggest (if we take your words alone as proof!). And who of all these millions of discriminated, disenfranchised, cheated people goes to the media and actually publicises their story? NONE. Because most of these people know there is no such a thing as justice" through the media. Their only hope is to reconcile themselves with their employers. BUt you think your mediocre case merits international and Chinese attention... You are RIDICULOUS. And a hypocrite.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-27 21:05:41 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 16:39
"You give us a story pulled from the grapevine:"

Stop your rubbish, if you don't know the truth,  ...

I know the truth much better than YOU, because I was in the scene myself as a witness, not just as an ear to a "friend". You have never taught in China so you only know what others tell you. You thus have second-hand information and you have probably never heard the standpoint taken by the EMPLOYERS. That is why your beliefs need to be taken with a spoonful of salt.

I am charitable. I am generous. I don't say (as you are so wont to do!) "you are wrong" or "you are ignorant" - I have heard what your friend has told you from others too but I have never witnessed it. Those who told me were in the main FOREIGN TEACHERS who were not themselves victims of this "discrimination". They were all N Americans - not a single Singaporean, not a single Filipino, not a single Briton, all N Americans and they too had second-hand information just like you.

I do make allowances for such beliefs: I do not reject them out of hand. But I do not automatically jump to the conclusion that if a Westerner of Chinese extraction gets ignored by employers it must be because of his ethnic background.

I have listened to UYA now for an eternity. He has made his case in three different threads. That is overkill if you want my opinion. For what purpose? He can't possibly expect the university to apologise to him. Never! He can't possibly expect them to hire him after his egregious publicity stunt. In point of fact he might even compromise his future chances to go to China because people like him who make such a big noise about such a trivial matter and with nary any concrete evidence are likely to be blacklisted. It has happened to people who have done far less to harm the good reputation of a Chinese institution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 21:16:38 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 16:47
Pls ask if you want to know the truth; it happened to a friend here in China with whom I have clos ...

You can't give me "the truth" but your personalized version of a second-hand piece of information. Granted you might retell it accurately but that does not make it true. The truth is what both the implicated sides see, and no self-declared "victim of Chinese racism towards a foreign job seeker" will accept that reasons other than the purported "racism" acted in thwarting their job-finding efforts. It is oh so convenient when ethnic Chinese passport owners of a Western country cannot get their dream job in China - it must be because the Chinese discriminate against them.

Why dont such unlucky job applicants try their luck somewhere else in China? Why didn't UYA try in the South? Common, don't give me the billshut that he was absolutely positively keen to be employed in China's Siberia. A guy from tropical Hawaii doesn't seek a job in a town where the winter temperatures routinely fall to minus 20 Celsius. Why didn't he try Guangzhou, Hainan, Nanning??? I smell a rat there.

If you want to discuss RACISM in CHINA, I can fill you in in detail. Chinese racism does exist but it works in ways you have never experienced. Do I complain about the racism I have had to put up with? No! And sure I hae had to put up with it. Now since UYA is a self-avowed "ethnic Chinese" who failed to get his dream job in Harbin, he thinks - and you support his bizarre and selfish view - that China is rotten and racist. One personal experience and the country gets such a bad reputation... if someone else, say, a White, had come forward with the claim that China is "racist" UYA would probably accuse him of being anti-China.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 21:22:15 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 17:07
"Why people doubt my experience is beyond me."

Simple, the truth hurts so much, too shameful, espe ...

The truth?

Again you pretend to be the only person capable of forming a truthful opinion. You are not. You have shown your entrenched and spiteful prejudices. You jump to conclusions.

The truth does not hurt posters here; it hurts UYA.

I have never had to deal with a person so desirous to be looked upon as a "victim". Not a single poster other than UYA has ever asked the audience here for "empathy". He has. I think that is PATHOLOGICAL.

He is a spoilt and decadent U.S> American with an entitlement syndrome. He doesn't even think he should follow the prescribed route to finding a job in China: he goes to China on a tourist visa and stays in touch with unscrupulous unreliable agents. Then it goes wrong and he blames everything on the "recruiter". Fine - the recruiter may be to blame in part but the biggest part in the blame belongs to UYA himself. Sorry, but that is my belief.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-11-27 23:45:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-27 16:12
So now you admit you don't even know what a foreign teacher has to do before he can legally be hi ...

So because I did not know the system and trusted a recruiter, I am to blame for racism against me?
eg....
If your in a strange place and wondered into a neighborhood and got robbed because your white, it is your fault because you were not where you supposed to be?
Your logic is so far off, you must be on drugs.

Again.....
if you read the OP I WAS hired!
How many time to I have to repeat myself?
You must be retarded.

A paid troll has no boundaries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 23:48:02 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 16:39
"You give us a story pulled from the grapevine:"

Stop your rubbish, if you don't know the truth,  ...

To question other experiences by needing proof, when none can be supplied is stupid.
(thats why he is here)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 23:51:45 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 17:03
Sorry, not everyone wants to pursue a matter in court, too troublesome and too costly too, perhaps  ...

Thank you

That is exactly why I posted this.
It is disgusting when a "white man" questions such things he has no clue what it is like being "non-white".
He is just a white racist who wants wants to be on top.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.