Author: linda_sun

Elderly Chinese man whacked over the head with umbrella in New York   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-17 21:30:57 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-17 20:48
Dare you to bet with me that if I can make friends with 10 New Yorkers with various ethnicity origin ...

I am a Niu Yolker but you wouldn't try to be flands with me...   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 23:05:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-17 13:16
I am sorry for Mr Wang. The woman behaved disgracefully. Is the story true? Has it been told accura ...

Please do not impress upon others your IGNORANCE!
Please do wait for the report after investigation.
Please avoid jumping into your own conclusion.
You have not been able to post in Chinese language. Are you admitting that you really do not understand Chinese?
If you do not and cannot post contents in Chinese language, you are admitting you are!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 23:07:02 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-17 16:00
I love New York.  It is a beautiful, friendly international metropolis with open-minded & sincere pe ...

New York is a wonderful city!
It has the best, the worst, the beautiful, the ugly, the kind and the sinful all in one location.
Took me years to learn its culture and continue to do so.
Maybe I could only understand just a little.
Please excuse me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 23:09:37 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2017-3-17 12:27
'Shanghaiist' - as unbiased as the 'Global Times'.

Hope that it could be resolved peacefully.
If this incident were to happen just before Trump Tower, perhaps, the weight is heavier!
Immediate attention must be given and measures must be implemented.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-18 05:05:00 |Display all floors
Why were the police not called I find this story difficult to believe

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-18 05:05:39 |Display all floors
Dare you to bet with me that if I can make friends with 10 New Yorkers with various ethnicity origin ...

Define friends?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 06:52:57 |Display all floors

$500 US is a lot of money, especially for a wager... besides, I don't gamble.  You probably could make friends with 10 New Yorkers of various ethnic backgrounds, I don't doubt that.  I was just saying you must exercise caution in NYC, as with any major US city such as LA, Houston, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago or Detroit.  There are relatively safe areas and downright grab your socks dangerous areas.  The NYPD has a web page dedicated to Crime Prevention and Personal Safety in the Big Apple for tourists... it's also available in PDF format.  NYC has a reputation for being very fast paced and the natives extremely rude.  I spent some time in the East Village of Manhattan at the Cooper Union School of Art... that was a little more than 40 years ago though.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.