Views: 3113|Replies: 76

Elderly Chinese man whacked over the head with umbrella in New York   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-3-17 11:22:06 |Display all floors

(Shanghaiist) A Chinese man living in New York City was whacked over the head with a umbrella on a bus in Queens last week by a woman on a bus who explained herself by telling him that "I hate Chinese."

The man, 68-year-old Wang Zenxin, stepped onto a bus in Queens along with a Chinese woman on March 7th. Once inside, a middle-aged Hispanic women gave them both a shove.

When asked what she was pushing them around for, the woman matter-of-factly replied, "Because I hate Chinese people," according to a Chinese witness on the bus who captured the strange incident on camera. An argument and small tussle ensued with Wang scolding the woman for her racism. Finally, when Wang tried to leave the bus, the woman bonked him on his head with her umbrella.

In the video, the bus driver is seen trying to settle down the situation as one passenger angrily yells that he has places to be. Rather than call the police, Wang decided to just get out and let the bus go. He later told the New York Daily News that his head ached for several days after the incident, and finally on Saturday he contacted the police who are currently searching for the woman.

Sadly, the incident has changed the way that Wang thinks about New York. He moved to the city from China back in 1986, and has always loved its diversity, but now he worries for his own safety.

“I feel sad and I feel very uncomfortable,” he told the Daily News. “I think New York is a nice city, many kinds of races of people, all of them together, very nice, very peacefully. Now I know that some people hate Chinese and I have to be careful.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 12:27:39 |Display all floors
'Shanghaiist' - as unbiased as the 'Global Times'.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-17 13:16:26 |Display all floors

I am sorry for Mr Wang. The woman behaved disgracefully. Is the story true? Has it been told accurately and exhaustively?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 16:00:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by teatree16 at 2017-3-17 16:03

I love New York.  It is a beautiful, friendly international metropolis with open-minded & sincere people.  I'm looking forward to exploring the city myself:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 17:01:38 |Display all floors
A legacy of the Spanish Inquisition against the "heathens" of the Orient, but unlike Japan which summarily executed the Catholic missionaries and struck fear, nay respect, in the hearts of their would-be conquistadores, the Chinese have been massacred by the thousands by their Spanish overlords in their colonies in Asia, not once, not twice, but periodically, to reduce their number, out of the same hatred for their being different from the Catholics, unless they accepted conversion under the power of the sword and the cross.  

Now, you understand why President Duterte was opposed to the prejudice and hate-filled bigotry of the legacy his countrymen were devastated with, consigning their country to poverty for more than three hundred years, when it could have become one of the most prosperous countries in Southeast Asia had the trade between China and the Philippines not been halted, and its natives made into plantation slaves begging for their daily sustenance from the provenance they gave by the millions of tons of tobacco, abaca, rice, and ores to their "Christian" conquerors.  The Spanish Inquisition never died, but lives on in the minds of some of its victimized colonials, cloaked in the glowing nostalgia of the long gone Spanish empire.  To be fair, most Hispanics are not like this woman, even if some may be.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-3-17 18:45:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by dostoevskydr at 2017-3-17 19:59
seneca Post time: 2017-3-17 13:16
I am sorry for Mr Wang. The woman behaved disgracefully. Is the story true? Has it been told accura ...

"Is the story true? Has it been told accurately and exhaustively?".

The posted clip has been very well "edited" and produced. Frame by frame review ( Media software - if you have the know how) of the video reveals few seconds of the actual happenings ( out of 2:20 mnts ).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 19:33:47 |Display all floors
Well the driver knows the racist woman was in the wrong. Wont take long for the police to find her
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.