Author: linda_sun

Would you apply for a five-year work permit? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-20 20:37:20 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-3-20 17:12
When you renew the residence permit, you need to leave your passport for the 1-3 weeks it takes to ...
However, at least with some types of residence permits, you can already get at least 2 years at time.

I get a 3 year residence permit.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:34:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-17 13:11
That's certainly welcome news. However, the wording is quite vague. WHo is to apply for a 5-year R.P ...

Please do not impress others with your IGNORANCE!

You said that you will post in Chinese language.
What happened to that?
Are you admitting you are not able now?
What are your problems after Renmin Ribao posting?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:35:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-17 13:11
That's certainly welcome news. However, the wording is quite vague. WHo is to apply for a 5-year R.P ...

Sounds like a Malaysian, where the employer does it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-20 22:35:52 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-3-20 16:33
Even with a 5 yr work permit you still have to renew your resident permit every year...

North America has tougher requirements!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 11:34:26 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-20 22:35
North America has tougher requirements!

Canada has a 10-year Temporary Residence Permit (visitor's visa). You can stay for a maximum of 6-months, every year. If you want to work, you get someone to offer you employment, they write an invitation to work letter, and you apply for a work permit. It is good for the life of your TRP.

In China, your work permit (Z-Visa) allows you to seek employment. Your Residence Permit allows you to be employed and live there. Your Residence Permit trumps your Work Permit. When you get your RP placed into your passport, your Z-Visa is cancelled.

Getting a 5-year work permit, and not allowing a 5-year Residence Permit is nothing more than a cash-cow, because very few employers will offer 5-year employment contracts.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 11:57:15 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-3-20 20:37
I get a 3 year residence permit.

For those who are sixty and above of age, residential permit could be granted for at least three years with each approval.
The five year permit is different. Let us wait for further details.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-21 13:35:33 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2017-3-20 16:35
Is the renewal process that complicated? I have no idea of it.

It is.

In my part of China, I have to report to the CHengguan to register every time I come back to China, within 24 hours of ariving.

They then print out an "Accommodation Registration" that I must keep. When my Residence Permit is about to expire, I must take my passport and said Accommodation Registration to the Public Security Bureau to get it checked. My wife has to furnish copies of our house deed and her hukou. SHe also has to write a formal request to get my R.P. extended.

These papers and photocopies then need to be taken to the office for passports and for international travel in the city next door. Then you get to wait 21 days. Bad luck if on the day you want to apply for an extension the nation celebrates Qingming or some such holiday... If you apply one day late, it will cost you an extra 500 yuan in fines for overstaying.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.