Views: 8219|Replies: 129

Join us in the" I wonder" project   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-1 17:46:55 |Display all floors
maxresdefault.jpg

Using a different country, everyday is new.
Had a grat meal at a restaurant, but don't know the name.
Be pointed at by a kid calling"outsider" the other day, the mood is complicated.

Apart from the these mind feelings,"this new project"I wonder" hopes to use some help from the crowd, to get your "I wonders" solved, let's at least give it a go.

Here are some conundrums I have ever heard from foreign friends like:

Why Chinese people wear pajamas in the street?
Why buying a ticket in China is so hard for foreigners?
Why Chinese grow their pikie nail really long?
Why Chinese people are unwilling to simply apolpgize?

If you have puzzles about Chinese people or life in China, please let's know and comment below. We will collect them and try our best to explain them. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-1 21:41:18 |Display all floors
Why are Chinese drivers so impatient and selfish, yet so kind and friendly when not in a car?
Why can't Chinese drivers reverse their cars?
Why do Chinese people wear their coats even in heated rooms?
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-2 00:45:02 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2017-3-1 21:41
Why are Chinese drivers so impatient and selfish, yet so kind and friendly when not in a car?
Why ca ...

Good questions!
Majority of Chinese drivers neither take written or road test for obtaining their licence. Not new! Not srange!
Just go to rural areas and one gets it immediately. This is how is done! Sad!
Majority of Chinese who own car treat it as symbol of social status. So, most of them end up with one car per person on the road, most of the time. Even when they go to their offices which could take five minutes walk, they would dirve, just for the sake of having a car.
Drivers tend to get worked up easily once they are behind the wheel!
Chinese drivers cannot reverse their cars because of the reason explained above.
Chinese wear their coats in heated rooms could be they are thermostatically desensitized or probably their biological thermal sensors were left at home during those periods!
Yes, it is SERIOUS!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-2 00:45:52 |Display all floors
Going out in pyjamas could allow them to rest immediately anywhere?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-2 03:03:47 |Display all floors
Just observe how Chinese walk around on the streets... they are sleepwalkers and some even wear pajamas.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-2 12:17:04 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-2 00:45
Good questions!
Majority of Chinese drivers neither take written or road test for obtaining their  ...

And here ytou are making things up again to entertain yourself, right?

"(The) majority of Chinese drivers take neither writyten nor road test(s) for their licence..."

Not only do you show off poor English again but you make some of the most dramatically untrue allegations.

The majority of Chiense motorists do in fact take written and practical exams to obtain their driving licence.

But even so they ignore all traffic rules.

This is a "I WONDER" event for us laowais. I know you are a laowai...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-2 12:17:49 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-3-2 03:03
Just observe how Chinese walk around on the streets... they are sleepwalkers and some even wear paja ...

Yea, they forget to change clothes after getting up in the morning...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.