Views: 9559|Replies: 238

China Daily invites questions or suggestions from expats for national lawmakers   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-15 10:45:30 |Display all floors

1114550531_14256370436291n.jpg

Every year, from early to mid-March, the National People's Congress, the top legislature, and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) National Committee, China's top political advisory body, will convene their annual sessions, known collectively as the "two sessions."

Lawmakers and political advisors across China will arrive in Beijing for the two-week annual gathering. As one of the main reporting media, China Daily is launching a project to invite expats to write down your questions or suggestions you would like to give on issues that you care about the most in China, such as the green card system, air pollution, foreign talent policy and so on. Our reporters will bring them to the deputies of the NPC and members of the CPPCC with expert knowledge during the two sessions. Their response in audio or video format will be published on our website.  

Your advice or questions could help change your life, as well as the lives of thousands of foreigners in China. China Daily website welcomes and appreciates your participation. Participants whose feedback is chosen by us will get a free gift.  

Please leave a comment blow.Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-15 11:50:08 |Display all floors

Since you formally asked Mbursan to post here, I will write my own question relative to foreign residency rights in China.

Does China intend to be a little more humanistic and more hospitable in extending residency rights to people who have been here for many years, been granted their residentcy rights annually, each time  after an arduous examination of the applicant's merits?

Here is the reason for my question: if you are legally married to a Chinese, you should not have to ask your spouse to formally invite you in writing to live in China. Such a requirement does exist and is followed by the relevant officials.

Also, why can't spouses get a resident's permit for more than one year?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-15 12:59:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by teatree16 at 2017-2-15 13:00

Whats your point in getting residency in China anyway seneca?!  You said everything negative about China, from politics to people.  My inference is that you fail to get residency in your so-called 'heavenly' European country, then you start targeting in other country instead?  Correct me if Iam wrong.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-15 14:34:41 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-2-15 12:59
Whats your point in getting residency in China anyway seneca?!  You said everything negative about C ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-15 15:26:19 |Display all floors
I would like to bring up issues about the business environment in China.

For foreign businesses and foreign indivuduals who want to establish businesses in the country, the legal and regulatory framework in China is quite challenging.

Big corporations with armies of lawyers, both foreign and Chinese, working for them have no difficulties, but individuals wishing to start small and medium size businesses (which are acknowledged to be the backbone of sustainable growth in future) almost always have to rely on business consulting companies to assist in the registration and running of companies.

In my experience, especially outside first and second tier cities (where business and growth is more desperately needed), these consulting companies cannot provide very good service in terms of staying up to date with ever changing regulations.

Quite often they try to provide services that they have been providing for decades, and utilizing newer business models and structures (for example partnership enterprises) is often not possible for them, because both these consultants and the local authorities are not up-to-date with newest regulations.

I would ask, how can China improve the flow of information about regulatory changes from Beijing's lawmakers to provincial and city authorities, business consultants, and other entities that make up the business environment in China.

For example, could government take more direct role in providing business consulting services for foreigners (and Chinese citizens too), so they would not have to rely solely on commercial business consultants?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-15 15:26:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by dostoevskydr at 2017-2-15 15:29
seneca Post time: 2017-2-15 11:50
Since you formally asked Mbursan to post here, I will write my own question relative to foreign re ...
  1. Also, why can't spouses get a resident's permit for more than one year?
Copy code
This is a very wise and well thought provision and relates to certain legal issues which may arise in case of a "foreign-related marriage".
( A marriage in China between a foreigner and a Chinese citizen  is considered a "foreign-related marriage").
You may wish to re-read "The General Principles of the Civil Law of the People's Republic of China, and  the Marriage Law of People's Republic of China" to see the LOGIC of this ONE YEAR RESIDENT PERMIT.
( Any lawyer would be able to explain this - but lawyers only give FEE advice ).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-15 15:33:19 |Display all floors
China government must put all laws implemented to be understood by the public. Free access on the Interent in both written and vocal forms must be available at all times. All trails must be declared to the public. Purpose has one aim. That is to ensure fair justice is done. Trust and confidence are strengthened through this effort.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.