Views: 4004|Replies: 51

Britain to provide £1.3BN fund to help elderly in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-10 10:37:52 |Display all floors
The British government intends to use British taxpayers' money to help the elderly in China to provide social benefits, the Daily Telegraph reported on Feb. 7. The news attracted a strong British media rebound, have asked the British government to spend more money to help the elderly in the UK, while improving universal health care services. Critics have hit out at the Government offer of handing over aid cash to a country which is currently investing heavily in a space programme. What do you think?

The British government recently announced a £ 1.3bn (£ 11.18bn) subsidy program to finance the economic and social development of "middle income countries" such as China, India and Mexico. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs noted that funding for China mainly includes "care for the elderly in the Chinese community" and "build a sustainable health care system."

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-10 10:38:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-10 17:16:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2017-2-10 17:17

Absolutely disgusts me reading this news....
people are freezing to death not only on the streets, but inside their homes in Britain..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-10 17:38:39 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-10 17:16
Absolutely disgusts me reading this news....
people are freezing to death not only on the streets, b ...

Perhaps Theres May wants China to say "thank you" just once...   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-10 18:53:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-10 17:38
Perhaps Theres May wants China to say "thank you" just once...

I got a thank you when I handed out my annual 5 red envelopes with a juicy 100 note inside to 5 lovely female employees....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-10 21:40:53 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-10 18:53
I got a thank you when I handed out my annual 5 red envelopes with a juicy 100 note inside to 5 lo ...

And the males got nothing? That will cause diplomatic friction, my friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-10 21:55:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-10 21:40
And the males got nothing? That will cause diplomatic friction, my friend

I thought only the ladies receive red envelopes in China and the males providing them...
I have never had one in 9 yrs

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.