Readers’ Blog

Requirements for Chinese tourists

Popularity 7Viewed 5274 times 2016-11-23 15:17 |System category:Life| countries, different, tourists, relaxing, shopping

Chinese tourists have some different manners than others. Wherever they visit, mostly need Chinese restaurants, Chinese noodles, hot water to take a bath, shopping malls and Chinese guides. They don’t visit those countries where the basic needs are not fulfilled by the related destination. They don’t visit to explore any diversities of culture and life style. What do they need else for their expected tourism? 

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (10 comments)

Reply Report voice_cd 2016-11-24 08:20
thanks for sharing here, we have highlighted your blog.
Reply Report SNAKGOON 2016-11-25 12:04
most chinese people are foodie.
Reply Report teamkrejados 2016-11-26 10:09
That is an excellent question: what is the point of traveling if you only look for what you have at home?
Many travelers do that; not just the Chinese.
Reply Report 财神 2016-11-26 16:36
voice_cd: thanks for sharing here, we have highlighted your blog.
Thanks for highlighting such a piece.  
Reply Report 财神 2016-11-26 16:36
SNAKGOON: most chinese people are foodie.
really?
Reply Report SEARU 2016-11-26 16:37
blogging is nice touring!
Reply Report 财神 2016-11-26 16:39
teamkrejados: That is an excellent question: what is the point of traveling if you only look for what you have at home?
Many travelers do that; not just the Chinese ...
I have participated such tourism promotion programs, many speakers said, Chinese don't like to visit countries because there are not good infrastructure and accommodation for Chinese tourists. In my view of point we should experience new things while touring new places.  
Reply Report BlondeAmber 2016-11-27 15:34
财神: I have participated such tourism promotion programs, many speakers said, Chinese don't like to visit countries because there are not good infrastructu ...
it is kind of ironic because visitors to China are told 'when in Rome....' and know they will need to adapt to local food, hygiene standards etc.

could it be that Chinese tourists travel not to experience local culture (which includes food) but only to take pictures and shop?

I recall that there were hotels in Thailand that removed the kettles from the bedrooms to discourage them eating pot noodles.

Inability to experience all aspects of local culture shows inflexibility of mindset.

Travel is supposed to broaden the mind, but it only does when the individual experiences local culture, not insisting on everything to be as it is back home.
Do Chinese tourists also want squat toilets in their hotels?
Reply Report FLYINGPIG1990 2016-12-12 11:34
voice_cd: thanks for sharing here, we have highlighted your blog.
   Like me
Reply Report Ashikujaman 2016-12-26 15:19
Thanks for your writing.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• Criteria to be an English teacher in China 2018-2-13 15:59

I have met many blacks teaching English and everyone told me they have no idea how to teach period.I have observed a few and I agree they should not be English teachers.Thier grammer is very poor.

• Merry Christmas 2017-12-26 20:59

I would like offer you a red hat and dress you as the Christmas old man for our celebration-party! lol!

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.