Readers’ Blog

Value of 30 RMB

Popularity 6Viewed 5488 times 2016-8-25 14:53 |Personal category:funny stuffs|System category:Life| colleagues, studying, running, Chinese, gesture

I was heading to Lugulu, Shijingshan district from San li tun, a busiest tourist place in Beijing on Tuesday night around 10 PM. One of my Chinese colleagues helped me to board on taxi. Through the mirror he was watching/studying my gesture while taxi was running, just back to him that I have been seated.

While I reached to the destination, I ordered driver to stop the taxi and provide me a taxi fare bill.

Taxi driver told me 120 RMB and I gave him 150RMB. He pretended to check is money bag, kept 50RMB himself and said- ‘‘give me another 50RMB, take this your 100RMB. That means he didn’t need 20RMB.

I have heard that Taxi drivers are the channel to exchange the fake Notes. His intention seemed not to give me a bill or bargain for the 50RMB is clearly meant that he was a racketeer. He made loud sound and my poor Chinese/or kind attitude couldn’t overcome the situation. Finally, he gave me a bill but didn’t return my 30RMB.

However, I congratulated myself that I didn’t accept his duplicate note. 

What if I had called police, they might not help me with the lack of ample evidences.

What if I had taken 30RMB, he might not give me bill and without bill my taxi fare couldn’t be refunded by the office.

What if I had accepted duplicate 100 Yuan, I could lose …… …….(?) RMB. How much?? (I am poor in mathematics too) 

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (10 comments)

Reply Report SEARU 2016-8-25 18:19
Yes, we should keep an eye open when come out of the door!
Reply Report Chengking 2016-8-26 14:07
Note his Taxi Driver's License number and report his doing to the Taxi Commission. Or, with your cell phone, you can just take a photo of his license number and his photograph ID which is usually displayed on the right side of the dash board. That might scare him enough to quit his scamming.
Reply Report derrick.shine 2016-8-26 14:31
when you take a taxi outside here , always prepare changes , you dont want to call a police , nor quarrel with driver time by time .
To deal with these situation essentially will need effort from all levels : regulator , us ,surporvisor ,,,
Reply Report 财神 2016-8-26 17:39
SEARU: Yes, we should keep an eye open when come out of the door!
Good lesson however!
Reply Report 财神 2016-8-26 17:40
derrick.shine: when you take a taxi outside here , always prepare changes , you dont want to call a police , nor quarrel with driver time by time .
To deal with thes ...
Agree with you!
Reply Report 财神 2016-8-26 17:42
Chengking: Note his Taxi Driver's License number and report his doing to the Taxi Commission. Or, with your cell phone, you can just take a photo of his license  ...
You know, i can not quarrel. once he lauded his voice, i totally fell to nervous mode. i decided to accept little rather than nothing.  
Reply Report lovelywinnie 2016-8-29 11:07
You are very smart, beacause you could fould the driver's trick. Next time you may  take a taxi called on internet, for example, Didi,Shenzhou, Uber, and you may use electronic wallet of Alipay(zhifubao) or Micromessage(weixin).
Reply Report 财神 2016-8-29 19:19
lovelywinnie: You are very smart, beacause you could fould the driver's trick. Next time you may  take a taxi called on internet, for example, Didi,Shenzhou, Uber,  ...
Thank you for your kind suggestion. Let me apply next time.
Reply Report AndrewCraven 2016-8-29 22:20
fine, that you are ok. fine that you have material to blog. fine that your math improves a bit.
Reply Report mbursian 2016-9-23 06:01
This is a good warning for all.  I will be aware of this counterfiet exchange now and exercise great caution.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• Criteria to be an English teacher in China 2018-2-13 15:59

I have met many blacks teaching English and everyone told me they have no idea how to teach period.I have observed a few and I agree they should not be English teachers.Thier grammer is very poor.

• Merry Christmas 2017-12-26 20:59

I would like offer you a red hat and dress you as the Christmas old man for our celebration-party! lol!

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.